Save Our Super will send an email petition, on your behalf, to Malcolm Turnbull, Bill Shorten, Scott Morrison, Mathias Cormann, Kelly O’Dwyer and Michael McCormack.
Politicians have told us they take more notice of people who live in their electorate. Therefore, please put in your residential address.
After you submit the petition, you will automatically receive a confirmation email to prove that you are actually a person. Please click on the link in the email to ensure your petition message is sent.
UPDATE: 18 July 2016 – Please note that you will receive an auto reply from Malcolm Turnbull’s email address advising you to fill in a contact form. Please complete that form to ensure Malcolm receives your petition. Below is the petition text to paste into Malcolm Turnbull’s Contact Page:
I/we support Save Our Super’s Call For Action.
Save Our Super is an apolitical community-based group which makes the public aware of the implications of the superannuation proposals in Budget 2016 and the Opposition’s superannuation policies.
Labor dumped their election superannuation policies and made an increased tax grab on 26 June 2016 despite saying, just over a year ago, “If elected, these are the final and only changes Labor will make to the tax treatment of superannuation”. Labor has not announced any replacement superannuation policies.Some of our supporters vote Liberal/National; some vote Labor; others vote for other parties or independents. But we are united in our call for action by the Federal Parliament.
Save Our Super’s Call For Action:
Save Our Super petitions and calls for bi-partisan superannuation policies from Australia’s major political parties which will grandfather the following Budget 2016 superannuation proposals:
- the introduction of a transfer balance cap of $1.6 million on amounts into the tax-free retirement (pension) phase from 1 July 2017.
- after commencement, if individuals already in retirement as at 1 July 2017 retain balances in excess of the $1.6 million cap and do not transfer the excess out of the retirement phase account, an excess transfer balance tax will be payable:
- introduction of commensurate measures to defined benefit arrangements;
- removal of the tax exemption on earnings which support Transition to Retirement Income (pension) streams.
- which will grandfather the Opposition’s superannuation policies:
Labor dumped their election superannuation policies and made an increased tax grab on 26 June 2016 despite saying, just over a year ago, “If elected, these are the final and only changes Labor will make to the tax treatment of superannuation”. Labor has not announced any replacement superannuation policies;
- and which will protect all Australians against any legislation which changes the rules of the game for existing superannuation savings and actions taken in reliance on those rules and savings, by including appropriate grandfather clauses.
Grandfather certain Government Super ProposalsRead the Petition
Share this with your friends: