- provides a quick reference guide to what happened and when;
- facilitates access to relevant documents; and
- complements other sources on changes to retirement income policy by providing an account that focuses on government decisions, reports and legislation.
It also focuses on key events in the development of superannuation and retirement income policy including:
- major milestones and changes relating to the Age Pension;
- the development and implementation of mandatory and voluntary retirement income arrangements; and
- the development of, and changes to, taxation arrangements applying to superannuation generally.